Monday, February 4, 2013

February 4, 2013 -- Office Makeover - Update!

Color Swatches!  I realized I have not put down the colors we selected for the walls and trim.  Lowe's Valspar paint did well in our bedroom colors, that we went with them again.  The Wall color is Woodrow Wilson Blush and the Trim is Rustic Oak. 


For our Sink, we went to Home Depot and decided on the color Indian Summer in the Onyx Collection for special order to fit it in our small 48" opening.


Home Depot also had a good price on small mosaic tile by the square foot.  We went with the one on the right.  It has the dark blue from our curtains, the tan from our wall and the greys to neutralize it all and best of all some natural stone to make it look rustic.


After painting the sliding doors, I was happy I had.  It makes a big difference in the look of the room.  It also takes the 70's look out of the house, too.  I used the bronze spray paint to paint the door handles as well.  Nice touch. 



I did not want to paint the interior of the closet, but hunkered down and did it anyways.  I was afraid I would not have enough paint.  I wanted to make sure I had enough to finish the bathroom after installing the sink and back splash.


I reinstalled the light fixture after spraying the housing with Rust-oleum Oil Rubbed Bronze paint that make the lights look so much more pleasant that the stark white.  The vanity cabinets finally got their coat of Rustic Oak color to bring it into the future and out of the nasty white look it had.


Yep, this tile is a perfect fit for our colors in the bathroom and helps tie it to the rest of the room.


While going nuts with spraying all the hardware for the vanity in the Bronze spray paint, I also painted the blades on the ceiling fan.  It was a 80's Oak fan with chair caning  on the blades.  I liked the looked, but not the color.  The Bronze color was the look this room needed to make it more finished.


After all the doors for the vanity were painted, I installed all the hardware back on to get a feel of what it would look like with the bronze knobs.  Looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment