Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Game of Life







Do you remember The GAME of LIFE?  Well, I do.  I pulled these cards from the board game that I had from 1991.  Whenever my family played it, I had the car with no kids and always drew the ARTIST Career Card with the SPLIT LEVEL House Deed.  AND the crappy payday.  These pretty much came true today.  I went to school to be an artist.  I have a split level house with REALLY bad foundation problems that makes me think my house is going to end up like the picture of that card.  Good thing I have earthquake insurance!  My payday is pretty much right on target with that salary card.  I won't reveal that.  Ha!

Although these things may reflect the today, but I believe that I can accomplish my ambitions in the better half.  My house may not be perfect, yet I feel at home.  It is not the most beautiful house on the block, but it has the most heart and it is growing along with all the improvements to come.  Although my pay sucks, I know when I am ready, I will do what I am supposed to do.  Right now, it seems it is not the time is not right.

This all sounds depressing.  But I am not.  To the contrary, I think it is amusing.  I wish I only paid $40,000 for the house, but you know.  That was back in 1991.  Gas prices were probably 50 cents a gallon then too.  Well, maybe not that low.

No comments:

Post a Comment