Friday, April 12, 2013

April 12, 2013 - Inheritance of a HO Scale Train Setup

My dad loved his trains.  He had a 8x12 shed he dedicated it to.  All the decorations were created by hand or came from a kit he put together and painted. The walls were painted with a cool mountainous scenery, the waterways were made of a clear poxy that looks so realistic, and the trees and bushes if you look closely, are made from grape stems.

Three years after my father passed and the shed is falling apart, so my mom and I hunkered down in the cold weather and dissembled the handmade table he put up to hold his scenery and transported it to my house.








Once dissembled,  my mom and I put it on the back of a Penske Truck along with the rest of the stuff I inherited from my Grandmother.




Now it resides in my Garage awaiting a new home for it to be resurrected.  Hopefully it will not be too long before that happens.  There is no room to move around in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment