Sunday, March 25, 2012

2012 - Oh NO!!!


















What's left of my tulip.  Someone... ate it and left me the roots.  I was so disappointed.


 Also, with all this nice weather and rain, our grass is as tall as it gets in the summer.  I charged up our mower and plowed down more than a third of our yard before the stupid handle broke at the point where it connects to the mower unit.  The grass is almost a foot and needs mowing desperately.  I haven't had the chance to find a replacement part and fear I will have to break down and buy another mower, which isn't a bad idea.  When the grass gets tall like this, I need two mowers to get the job done.  So a second one wouldn't be a bad idea, but the funds are gone and a three hundred plus dollar battery operated mower seems so out of reach.  I hope I can find a replacement part.  After all this sucker has already lasted  four seasons!  I am impressed.  I got this one with money left over from our house closing in 2008 and bought it at Home Depot for $317.  It was a good investment.  No oil, no filters, no gas.  With gas prices these days, I enjoy plugging it in overnight and only mowing for forty-five minutes with a great workout.



Bummer.  What a trooper too.  My lawn is bumpy and very thick.  No wonder it fell apart.  I have to lift and pull and tug and whack it around to get it to cut my thick grass.  Sometimes mowing over it three times before the grass is shortened.

No comments:

Post a Comment