Sunday, April 29, 2012

2012 - A Little Front Yard Blooming Action

So much focus has been on the Raised Garden, that the Front Yard has been neglected to be pruned in a more welcoming manner.  Despite this, I have some pretty blooms that have survived last year's heat wave and this winter's drought.  My grocery store Iris bulbs from Reasor's in Tulsa have made survived for a third season.  The Iris on the north side seem to always bloom later than the south side.


I'm completely fine with that.  Now I have an extended bloom time with these flowers since they really don't last very long.  Two weeks tops.


All except for the Tulips and the Yucca, I believe everything is from Tulsa.  My Mom has given me a lot of plants from her garden.




It's very refreshing to see something come up in my Front Yard besides dandelions and clover flowers.  I really don't know what to do with the landscape.  Evan and I have ideas and visions of what it should look like.  However, our pocket book lacks the funds to make this happen.  We really have put the whole of our budget into our Raised Garden.  The fear of heat and drought of the house's western exposure keeps us from investing anything into it.  We keep thinking about putting a evergreen tree and some juniper ground cover to make it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment